- Forsøksbetingelser (Links)
- Stress, biorytmer og akklimering (Links)
- Smerte og lidelse hos fisk (Links)
- Anestesi, håndtering, kirurgiske inngrep og avliving av fisk (Links)
- Merking av fisk (Links)
- Aggresjon og hierarkidannelse hos fisk (Links)
- Helseovervåking og mikrobiologiske kvaliteter (Links)
- Transgene fisk
- Sjekkliste for forsøk med fisk (**published in English)
*This Norwegian publication is now being revised and translated
to English. The first two chapters have recently been published as a
Acts and Regulations concerning the Care and Use of Fish in Norwegian Research
The rest of the compendium has been translated into English and is being updated in 2010. Please contact Adrian Smith for more details.
**Brattelid T & Smith AJ (2000) Guidelines for reporting the results of experiments on fish Laboratory animals, 34, pp. 131-135.
Links to additional references have been collected for the new chapters.
The publication from 1999 is available at Norwegian libraries with ISBN 82-7725-116-5.
Additional information on care and use of fish in research is provided on these pages and we especially recommend you to take a look at the presentations from the two international consensus meetings on Harmonisation of the Care and Use of Fish in Research, held at Gardermoen in May 2005 and September 2009.